Tuesday 12 December 2017

Wine and Swing



Today was a good day. My uncle took us wine tasting and we went first to Eagle's Nest and then Groot Constantia. There were some good wines and my uncle shared some of his vast knowledge on wines and the wine making process. We had lunch at Groot Constantia and went round the museum which had all sorts of relics from the farm's history. Some interesting characters in history drank wine from there. We had a great view out across the vineyards to False Bay. I am a little bit sunburnt from sitting out under the oaks sipping wine.



My cousin Jaimie came round after we got back. She has been doing hippotherapy with handicapped children and finished a camp yesterday with children that are on the autism spectrum. She was describing how they use a volcano and colours to help children with autism express their emotions. Something like that would have been a good channel of communication for the student I had in the first term. We went off with Jaimie to Bree Street in town to the Youngblood Art Gallery where her Swing Tuesdays dance class happens. It is a really cool use of the gallery space and was loads of fun. I haven't danced like that in ages and by the end was pouring sweat but so was everyone else. There were quite a few guys doing the class and in the social at the end they kept asking me to dance and each had his own style of jazz cross Charleston with a bit of jive. I can see why Jaimie enjoys it so much.





OK I had better head for bed as am supposed to be climbing Table Mountain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment