Monday 8 January 2018

La Rentrée



Yesterday's two year old birthday party was a success. I went early to help and was served a chilled G&T and given the task of wrapping the pass-the-parcel and hiding Freddo frogs between the layers of paper. I chose to do this rather than blow up balloons as I have a slight phobia of balloons popping in my face. It ended up being a massive parcel but I think the two year olds had fun. It was a glorious summer's afternoon and we were able to be outside in the garden under the trees. There was a massive bougainvillea tree (yes a tree - unusual) in full blossom. I was the semi official photographer and snapped away as the children bounced on the jumping castle and played with balloons. My friend Lucy had made an impressive Pepper Pig dinosaur cake. It was all over fairly quickly, well after two and half hours - but it felt quick. A few of us remained afterwards and we sat and drank port and enjoyed the evening light and first pin pricks of stars. There was an amazing perigee moon the other night, don't know if anyone saw it.





Had a fairly productive morning so far today getting ready for the proper start of school tomorrow. I am still not 100% sure how many pupils I will have but am prepping for those I know I will have. I have my Chinese five year old this afternoon. Going to read Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy and look at different types of dogs. Will also do a bit more on holidays as he has just been to Nyanga. Last week he surprised me with another big dinosaur name - Masiakasaurus from Madagascar! He now knows more about dinosaurs than I do which is fantastic. He is also starting to tell jokes in English which are funny and I am thrilled as that is a big step in language acquisition.





Have personal training just now. Put it off last week as it was the last bit of my sister and brother-in-law's stay and my ankle was still sore. Have warned my trainer I am still a bit wary of putting too much weight on it - will see what I do today. Do need to do some exercise after Christmas though.


No comments:

Post a Comment