Monday 15 January 2018

Les mantes religieuse and Ecocash



Overall it has been a good Monday. My lessons went well and my students were all fairly endearing. Looked at insects in French with my ten year old and he particularly liked the story of the praying mantis or la mantis religieuse eating her mate. We watched the below National Geographic video at the end of the lesson as a reward for working on the conjugation of -ir verbs. The only thing that wasn't so great today was that the only remaining person paying me cash no longer can and now I am getting paid entirely in Ecocash. You can pay for groceries with it but it isn't accepted everywhere and for instance my doctor requires a shortfall to be paid with no Ecocash option. When my Chinese parents can no longer source cash you know the situation is dire.





Otherwise I had personal training at lunch time. I made the mistake of saying I miss cardio with my ankle injury. Well I got an upper body cardio session - I think I asked for it. The endorphin high was good though afterwards and I need to keep exercising.


No comments:

Post a Comment