Thursday 11 January 2018

No bones broken



Went to see my GP this morning after teaching about my ankle as it's still inflamed and sore. She said she thinks I may have done something to the tendon and I am probably going to have to have physio. She also sent me off to have x-rays to check I hadn't broken anything. Luckily all was fine on that front. At the Diagnostic Centre I bumped into my high school Shona teacher, Amai Chihambakwe which was nice. On my way to work this morning I got coffee from Veldemeer's and saw a guy I used to do extra maths with at Miss van Wyk's in upper sixth. It has been a while and we both kept squinting at each other before I realised where I knew him from and went and said hello. Harare really can feel like a small village at times but it is one of the things I love about it.



Am glad tomorrow is Friday, I've got to finish preparing to teach my four year old and then my ten year old French. In our previous lesson I helped the ten year old with his homework on Gaul mythology. Interesting that they had gods that were a mixture of Greek and Roman ones. We looked at Apollon, Mercure and Cernunnos. When my student's aunt asked me something mid lesson I accidentally replied in French as my brain was working in that instead of English. As it turned out though we had to then translate the English to Chinese. I guess that's what my student has to do everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment