Wednesday 31 January 2018

Super lune bleue de sang



After hearing all about tonight's lunar phenomena I discovered we weren't actually going to see the eclipse in this part of world and it turns out to be cloudy tonight, sigh - but we need the rain. I did tell both Chinese students about it though and my French student replied "Du sang? Je suis terrifié!" He does love to be dramatic. Somehow he got onto the topic of the film Beauty and the Beast. I happened to say my cousin helped sew the yellow dress. Well this blew his mind and he asked if my cousin was famous. I think his esteem of me went up ten notches because I am related to my cousin and we had a had a hard time getting back to the passé composé and verbs you conjugate with être. Having to re-think how to do reading with my grade 1. He really isn't interested and the promise of starting to read a real book if he remembers the words we have done so far just doesn't excite him. He is more interested in writing than reading. I am surprised as I thought he would be more eager to read.

This is not tonight's but played it to my French student to explain what an eclipse is and a perigee moon.


Finding ticks on me again after squelching through another wetland at lunchtime. Sadly it is already having roads carved into it but they have water flooding them as the underlying soils are typical wetland ones and they are water logged. We saw all sorts of wetland birds and there were lots of different sedges. Took my proper camera this time as when I relied on my new phone on Sunday the photos all came out blank - still not sure why it's doing that.



I house sit again from tomorrow. Friends had asked if I wanted to go to Mana Pools over half term but I have already committed to dog sitting for my high school biology teacher. Having coffee tomorrow morning with some of my school teachers from Convent. Have been asked to do another airport meet and greet in July but this time for German tourists (I don't have to speak German for it though - I did German for two years in high school but it is not really useable).




No comments:

Post a Comment