Tuesday 30 January 2018

Physio and wetness



Having to get my head around my new timetable. I now teach my Chinese five year old in the mornings Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and then in the afternoon the other two days. I continue to teach French to my Chinese ten year old and then have my Hellenic form 3 randomly (basically when he needs help). Trying to get tutoring on my free afternoons. There have been two people interested but they want tutoring every afternoon and it is tricky with having my five year old two afternoons. At the moment am having a battle of wills with my five year in trying to get him to look properly at words and not guess read. Trying to get hime to recognise the letters we're learning. I think a sticker system needs to come into effect tomorrow. Also trying to get him to look how I draw letters before he rushes ahead and does his own version. He doesn't like it but having to be firm. With my ten year old we will be venturing into the passé composé tomorrow.



Still working on my second wetland report from the field visits on Sunday. Have another field trip tomorrow between teaching and will have to also write that up. Will be going with one of Zimbabwe's very own Nobel Laureates. It could be quite wet as we are finally having some much needed rain. Unfortunately the remaining wetlands in Harare are once again disappearing at an alarming rate. Friday is World Wetland Day.


Finally had my first physio session this afternoon at Hands On in Avondale. It is rather overdue and although the swelling has come down a lot, it is still very tender. My GP had put it down as a severe sprain.  I stupidly didn't ask the physio what she reckoned I had done, she just said to rather do upper body for my personal training and she will only give me exercises to do from next week. She started off with using an electro current machine with gel, then massaged the tendons before putting on a hot pack (which was actually jolly hot and burnt a little to begin with). I see her again on Friday when I also see my other therapist.


1 comment:

  1. If you are having any kind of pain then physio Whitby is the best to get rid of pain.

    ReplyDelete