Sunday 7 January 2018

Well that was easy Market Square



So I trundled off to Market Square this morning with my friend Lynda as had heard you can process IDs and birth certificates on Sundays there. Dead right and wow, what a breeze it was - and FREE! I needed to process getting another birth certificate first and they pulled out the file with my details in like a piece of cake and it was all done in 5 minutes - amazing!! Lynda managed to collect her birth certificate, have the correction on her mother's birth place made (they had put Smith - I think as in Ian Smith, instead of Rhodesia) and process her ID from start to new ID card (yes, not paper!) in an hour. What a pleasure and I didn't even have to use the rather stinky public loo - phew. I will have to go back next Sunday to get my birth certificate and then do my ID but at this rate I may just get it done in time to register to vote, fingers crossed. Wish I'd known about doing it on a Sunday before now.



Went for a celebratory coffee (at this point I was in desperate need of caffeine - I started craving it at 8 am) and cheesecake at Classic Desserts. We had done great things in terms of home affairs all before 9:30 on a Sunday - not bad going, not bad going at all. Usually you could sit in the same queue for the better part of a day - and might have to use those smelly loos. Not sure how easy it is to get a Zim passport now that you're allowed dual citizenship but for the moment my birth certificate and ID will do if I am still able to register to vote.



It's a beautiful day with clear blue skies - I get on a bit of high on days like these. Heading off just now to help my friend Lucy set up for her son Philippe's second birthday. I am technically his god-mother. It's a good day for a garden party, may need to take a hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment