Thursday 1 February 2018

Tomorrow's Friday!



I found myself thinking it was Thursday yesterday so I am looking forward to the weekend. It has been a busy week writing wetland reports in between teaching. Made big progress today with my five year old and his reading. He finally really looked properly at the letters and used his knowledge of sounds to work things out - yay!! I was beginning to question how to proceed. He still much prefers learning to write than reading though but when I showed him his Here We Go books with Janet and John and then the new Happy Readers books the Correspondence School has started using, there was a glimmer of excitement in his eye. He was bursting to tell me what he said was a really scary story today. I sat and tried to look suitably petrified as he told me about a Christmas tree that could, wait for it, walk!! Terrifying. Well at least he thinks so. He seems to definitely be perturbed about Father Christmas, Christmas trees and all things festive.





Am excited that a childhood friend of mine is on his way back to Zim to do research until September. Be nice to have them back as it feels like a lot of people have left. Going to dinner tomorrow night at Sabat Thai, a restaurant in Rolf Valley with friends. Teaching Saturday morning (I have a new student - yay, as well as my form three) and then I am going to try put together dinner for people where I'm house sitting. There's a nice lady lodging here who is also doing research.

Trying to find my stamps at home. Have a penny black and a couple of penny reds but just been looking online and you get better prices for Rhodesian stamps with printing defects than for the former.


No comments:

Post a Comment