Tuesday 20 February 2018

Note to self, don't eat the dog's food



I have a confession, I got peckish and started nibbling on the rice crackers that are meant for Bijou, the dog I am looking after. They are a Spar product so I foolishly thought they would be easy to replace. Well not so. Went to Bridge Spar and Ballantyne Park but they only had sweet chilli and for a dog with pancreatitis this did not seem a very good idea as a substitute. I even asked the staff at both Spars if they could go to the back and check their stock - no luck. As a last resort before contemplating having to go to Eastlea of beyond, I tried Sam Levy's and thankfully they had one last packet of plain crackers - phew!! I guess I shouldn't take it for granted you can always find things in Zim at the moment.

Had the memorial service for our dear friend Mo this morning. She held on strongly to her faith right to the end and so it was not a sad occasion but rather a celebration of her life and where she is now. It is still hard though to think that she is not here any more but at least she is no longer suffering and is at peace.



My Chinese five year old is apparently having such a good time in Nyanga with his best friend that he managed to convince both sets of parents to stay an extra night, so I will only see him on Thursday. I am not sure which subject I will be revising with my form four today. Yesterday he decided to go over the nervous system.


No comments:

Post a Comment