Wednesday 21 February 2018

Tea with the Iranian Ambassador



Half term is rapidly disappearing. Today is busy even though it is a public holiday to honor you-know-who's birthday. I had a maths lesson with my form four first thing and had to argue that there is no simpler way to make something the subject of the formula. I don't think there is an easier way round it. By the end of the lesson I think my student was grasping it a little better. This afternoon I have been invited for tea at the Iranian Ambassador's residence to discuss tutoring his son in A level maths and bio. Should be interesting. From there I go to teach my Chinese student French and I am then meeting up with a friend up from Cape Town who did the Conservation Biology course. So today is busy.



Going back and forth from where I am house sitting I pass Borrowdale Vlei and it is really saddening to see the housing complex going up. It really is not well thought through and it is the loss of a major wetland area.



No comments:

Post a Comment