Monday 19 February 2018

Milieu de trimestre



Well I semi have a half term which is nice. My Chinese students have gone to Nyanga til Wednesday but I still have my form four. Wednesday is a public holiday for Mugabe's birthday - a tad controversial. I did an hour's lesson yesterday with my Chinese five year old to try make sure we finish learning all his letters before he leaves in two weeks' time - it's getting so close, I am going to be very sad. His mum kindly had made me breakfast again but served it as I was getting ready to leave. I still am not sure what is Chinese etiquette when it comes to food but I have a feeling I would offend her greatly by declining. I had already had breakfast though, tricky.



Had a friend's birthday yesterday and we managed to fit in two games of croquet between rain showers. We are finally having lovely rains. I am house sitting again for my high school biology teacher at Larmenier. Took Bijou the dog for walks round today and snapped some of the flowers.


This coming weekend I will be doing a two day NILD maths course for helping students with learning difficulties at Hellenic. It should be quite intense but hopefully give me some useful tools for tackling problem areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment