Monday 12 February 2018

One more day & a bit of a scare



Well I was packing everything up from house sitting when I got a message from the person returning to say her flight from Bahrain had been cancelled so she'll only be back tomorrow and I'll therefore be here another night. In the meantime though her aunt who lives in the cottage at the back hasn't been at all well and I got worried last night as she wasn't making sense. I messaged a mutual friend and asked if her mum who is a doctor could come in the morning. Managed to find some rehydration sachets which I made up and I checked in on my patient throughout the evening. She did get up in the middle of the night and thought it was daytime and we were having a solar eclipse. My friend's mum came this morning and suggested that she drink marmite in hot water to boost potassium levels. I did buy some bananas first thing. Thankfully there is great improvement today but the aunt is over 80 so I was very concerned.

Editing my wetland report and need to add a few more references to back what has been said. Have personal training in a bit. Was going to take my physio's advice and do a session in the pool here but it is a bit chilly and raining so I have chickened out. I am a bit fussy about when I get in the water - it has to be hot or humid, although I guess when it rains the water is actually pretty warm. We have had lovely rains all weekend here - very much needed.



I have my two Chinese students for English and French this afternoon. Going to give the background on Valentine's Day to them and get them to write on it - well for my five year old it will be a dictation (he loves telling me stories and messages to his mum and dad and having me frantically scribble down what he's saying. Can't wait until he can write it down himself and I think he is going to be writing people cards as soon as he can - he loves sending people messages). My form four has cancelled today but it is nice in that I get home earlier as a result. Tomorrow I am going with my mum and some other friends to watch The Economics of Happiness at Tristan's. Looks good and am looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment