Wednesday 28 February 2018

Fractions



Tomorrow I start at the school. I will be teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the end of term. Have been asked to prepare lessons on mixed numbers and improper fractions and then the use of commas in grammar. Already using an idea from the NILD course for the fractions and it feels like being back on CELTA with the English. Got asked at 4 o'clock to do it so wasn't a lot of time. Tomorrow will have to prep for the weekend bio lessons and I now have to write up another wetland report. Work does seem to be piling up a bit, guess it's good for me.

Game where you match the mixed number, shapes and improper fractions that are the same.


My Chinese five year old was a bit sad at the end of the lesson today and so was I. Am going to miss he and his family a lot. It is still sinking in. Going to have to try work out how to teach him with the 6 hour time difference and my new commitments. Would like to keep teaching him. My student's mum asked me if there were high schools for children with special needs. She said she had a friend whose child needed such a school. She wasn't sure of the word in English so she looked up in Chinese and the English translation first said infantile but then autistic - I thought it was interesting that this is what was used to describe an autistic person. I wonder if it reflects how autistic people are viewed in China.

Feels like we are extremely dependent on EcoCash for the economy to keep functioning. Was able to pay my ZOL internet bill via EcoCash, which is really helpful as I can do it in minutes on my phone and not have to go somewhere to pay it or worry about a bank transfer going through. My therapist accepts EcoCash too.


No comments:

Post a Comment