Thursday 22 February 2018

Back to Cells and Biology



Well the interview at the Iranian Ambassador's was quite brief yesterday. I had asked the day before if they wanted an actual lesson and they had said no but when I arrived yesterday they were expecting one. I will be tutoring bio for AS level. They want it at weekends which I am not too happy about but will do so for the moment. Have told them I have a wedding in March. Because I have the NILD course this weekend I am doing a lesson tomorrow afternoon. Will go over cell structure and functions. Trying to get the ActiveX to work in powerpoint so I can show animations in Boardworks.



Shame my Chinese five year old is feeling sad as his best friend here told him he's not sure if they will be able to talk to each other so easily when he goes back to China as my student's Chinese will be better than his friend's and my student's English is going to not be as good. I will have to try keep his English up but it will be difficult not seeing him in person, but I can but try. Went and got Cambridge grade one books from School Books for Africa today for him.

Had a great evening catching up with my friend from Cape Town last night. They are here setting up a leopard monitoring project with National Parks and they will then be doing a similar project in Zambia. Haha their impression of Harare so far was that it's like Bishopscourt in Cape Town but with bad roads - the implication being that the houses have big gardens and it's leafy suburbia. I thought that funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment