Thursday 28 May 2020

Anniversaries



Today has been long and a lot of work. Got to school just after seven this morning and have been working pretty much non-stop since. I had to do all the marking of work returned by the parents and then assessed a new student who it looks like will be joining my class. Was trying to do the Schonell reading and spelling age test at a distance and with a mask on, but it was tricky. From my marking, one student made me chuckle, they were asked what shape was at the bottom of a pyramid. The answer should have been a square, but my student replies, "Eygpt!" I guess the original pyramids had Egypt as their base but, no.



I did my French WeChat lesson to China from school and today we did la maison. The little girl was very chatty and good at repeating things but it was harder trying to extract things from the little boy, although he is a very good little artist. Am quite enjoying it but wish we could use Zoom rather than WeChat but it's blocked in China.



Today is a little bit of a hard one, as it is the anniversary of when Matt first asked me out after we got back from an Nyanga trip. Am trying not to dwell on it but at the back of my mind there are always the what could have beens and why's.




No comments:

Post a Comment