Sunday 31 May 2020

Crash course on iMovie



So I managed to film my friend Lucy shaving her hair off for SPCA yesterday, but the challenge was turning it into a short video clip. I have only once played around with iMovie briefly but I had a baptism by fire last night trying to assemble something for today for SPCA and Lucy to post. I got the basics and managed to put in music and fast forward, all seemed to go OK, although cutting sections and choosing the exact point to add music were a little fiddly. All good, but then trying to export the jolly video from iMovie, oh my hat! What a mission. When I converted it to a file it produced this massive document that was way too big to email or whatsapp. I tried to Zip the file but it didn't seem to do anything. Tried Dropbox but it took all evening and still hadn't loaded. I then tried uploading to Facebook directly from iMovie. This wouldn't accept my password. I was really tearing my hair out by this point and wondering if a whole evening of editing had been wasted. Eventually gave up and went to bed, and this morning as a last resort tried uploading the humongous file directly on Facebook. Blow me over, this actually worked - I couldn't believe it. So, thankfully, the video was shared. Oh, but the snag - Facebook won't allow you to share copyrighted music, so alas the video may not have sound on Facebook.






If you would like to make a donation towards Lucy's head shaving for SPCA and are in Zim, the Ecocash number is *151*2*1*06326*amt*5555# 



The online board games yesterday with my friends and sister and brother-in-law were a lot of fun. Went for a lovely walk around Ballantyne Park this morning and then headed to school for a couple of hours work. Done all my photocopying for next week now - oh yeah. On the way home we passed by a friend's gate. They are doing take away meals from home and as a birthday present for my mum gave us a free pizza and some butternut soup - Tenji Mutiti, it was delicious. Can highly recommend.

To see more about Ballantyne Park go to https://www.facebook.com/bibi.eastwood/videos/10162149107200051/


No comments:

Post a Comment