Wednesday 6 May 2020

Sunflowers, wood hoopoes and pretty much set for online school



A friend very kindly gave me a spare mask to use and it is making a big difference in that I can breathe better. Also limiting how much I am wearing it as am certain Monday's awful migraine was brought on by wearing a stuffy mask for too long. The police are out and about though on the roads and if you are caught without a mask on it's a hefty ZWL $500 fine. If you break other lock down rules it is a ZWL $35 000 fine.



Have printed out what is needed for my class' work pack. One student has already told me they don't have access to internet at home so I will have to email her dad at work and he will have to download stuff I'm putting online. One student at the school's parents work for the American Embassy and we had to have our pick up and drop off of work plan revised to fit with US protocol for the embassy. This involves passing books through car windows and disinfecting books when they come back. Saw a flock of wood hoopoes at school when I was printing stuff out. Am now pretty much ready for next week. Just have my Zoom meeting with parents and then my students on Friday and need to finish working out how Padlets works.



Passed the communal pavement food garden on Piers Road and I hopped out to take some photos of the beautiful sunflowers. They had quite a lot of veggies growing and it is a help yourself scheme for the less fortunate. A lovely idea that I would like to try too.





Communal veggie garden on roadside on Piers Rd

No comments:

Post a Comment