Friday 29 May 2020

Online games and head shaving



Had my Friday past paper Zoom session this morning with my class. Still have someone annotating my maths explanations, which is really annoying, but I threatened to stop the session and not offer any further help to anyone if it continued and it promptly ceased. Mid explanation though my one student suddenly leaped up and charged through their house with their lap top as they wanted to show me a horse at their back door. I didn't catch that this was what they were doing and wondered what on earth was happening. Thought they maybe needed a loo break and were taking their lap top with - oh my! It ended up being a long session so I need to break it up in future. One mum has suggested that instead of giving the class a social interaction time at the end of the lesson, like I started doing yesterday, I could give them a brief break and social half way through. I am just worried the social may continue afterwards. I give them free reign of my shared screen in this time and they seem to want to see who can cover the screen with the most writing and squiggles in one colour compared to each other.



I need to just do a bit of prep for next week but otherwise have a relatively free weekend. I have been asked to help record a friend shaving her head for SPCA tomorrow lunch time and then am scheduled to play some more Jackbox.tv games with my sister and friends in England and here, which I am looking forward to. My sister wants to do a Zoom work out later. We did a Zumba intense cardio yesterday. I want to do a bit more art and finish reading The Last Resort and Three Sisters, Three Queens.




My mum has just got back from trying to get some groceries. She queued to get in to Bon Marche and queued at the till, only to get to the end and find out that First Capital, our bank, is offline.

No comments:

Post a Comment