Thursday 14 May 2020

My heart is heavy today


Today my heart goes out to my good friend Heather and family as we all paid tribute to her dear mum, who sadly lost her fight against cancer. Due to lock down, poor Heather was not able to go and see her mum which must have been unbelievably hard. It feels like a light has gone out and there is a hole where Mrs Toovey should be. We have all lost a very special person and I wish we were all closer and able to pop meals to Heather and give her a big hug. She organised a beautiful service for her mum which was live streamed to friends and family around the world who couldn't be there in person. The song above was played as an instrumental and like Mrs Toovey, it is one of my favourites.



Trying to carry on with everything else. Have finished marking the work that was handed in to me today. Not all of it has been done and we were supposed to go over a past paper tomorrow, but there is no point as not all of my students have done it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment