Tuesday 5 May 2020

Of birds and post-migraine work



Got home yesterday and found I had a splitting headache and only eased the nausea when lying horizontally. I think it was my first ever proper full blown migraine. It lasted through til 3 am this morning when I finally felt better. I'm thinking the anomaly is that I wore my face mask more than usual yesterday. I really do struggle to breath in it. In any event, I'm not too keen on wearing my face mask for a long time any time again soon, but I do need to go into school tomorrow to print material for my students' work packs for Monday.



We had two new types of birds in the garden. The first, I thought being a goshawk, but actually is more likely to be a lizard buzzard. The second struck me as being a large type of bee eater, but I couldn't find it in the bird book. Someone on the Monavale Nature whatsapp group though has suggested it is a type of bushshrike, the chunky beak, size and colouring do fit. So two new species in the garden.

Not my photo


I have spent most of today preparing my work plan for next week and sorting out what I'm going to need to print. Have also set up a Zoom meeting with all the parents on Friday morning, to be followed by a chat with my students to touch base. It was quite hard trying to pin parents to a day and time. It is also going to be tricky where students have multiple siblings and they are all going to have to share a laptop or tablet to learn from. All going to be a trial and error learning curve me thinks. Will have to be prepared to go over the work we do in lock down again when we get back to normality as I'm sure there will be some who just don't get it. At least my plan of action for work next week is in place now and I sort of know what I am going to be doing. The days I pick up work submitted are going to be heavy marking days.



Did a bit more on my cosmos picture, experimenting a bit with oil pastel and turpentine. Since I am now prepared except for printing stuff I might try do an oil painting before school starts.



No comments:

Post a Comment