Tuesday 17 January 2017

Five stars to Ira today



So pleased to say that today Ira outdid himself. He read some of his words (a first), he coloured in, enjoyed using the sand tray for writing AND he finally did his news picture for me and did it willingly. There were other moments where he was not such a happy camper and I had to resort back to bargaining. A friend of his from last year who is a year younger than him has come back to nursery school and is now Ira's playmate again. I can say doesn't Ira want to be able to go play with Jayden? If he does such and such and then this then he can go. It does work when he is crouched in the corner and won't budge. Definitely needed this as was beginning to lose heart as it felt like I was pushing an elephant uphill with one hand all the time. When I drove out at the end of the morning Ira leaned over the picket fence and said bye bye and he'd see me tomorrow.



I came home over lunch and looked up on how to do binding for a quilt. Found the video below and going to try finish the overdue baby shower quilt for my to-be-godson. Once I've finished the quilt my next project will be to try do a quiet book for another friend's baby girl.





Discovered Runbo is a little scared of dragons. Although I pointed out that the Gruffle in the Puddle Lane story I was reading him looks a bit like T. rex, Runbo said no T. rex doesn't breathe fire and Runbo doesn't like the idea of fire blowing. OK, will need to change to some different books. Runbo asked for more T. rex stories but I think we need to go with something different to increase his vocabulary. Runbo did like the book on Chinese New Year. We sort of made a Chinese lantern today but need a stapler as the glue we had wasn't very strong. Since we couldn't continue with it without the stapler Runbo asked me to draw different dinosaurs for him on pieces of card. The T. rex was for him and his daddy and then the pterodactyl was for his mum. I asked him if he was now a big brothersaurus but he said no, he's a T. rex. He said he could take his card dinosaurs to China on the aeroplane on Saturday but not his plastic ones. I quite fancy drawing Runbo sitting on an aeroplane with his various dinosaurs peaking round at him from different places like the overhead locker and seats behind. Will try work on this idea.






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment