Saturday 21 January 2017

See you in a month Runbo!

Well Runbo will be on his way to China now and soon will meet his baby brother. Our planned picnic didn't quite go to plan as he was a bit upset about saying goodbye to his cat Chilli who is going to stay at his dad's factory while they are away. We did semi play dinosaur snap with the cards I made and munched ginger nougat biscuits. Runbo told me his "soupcase" was all packed and ready to go. We somehow got onto talk about his milk teeth and I told him they would start falling out when he was six and he would get new ones. With glee Runbo told me his new ones would be just like T. rex's. I did point out that T. rex had ones the size of bananas but this didn't faze Runbo. I am going to miss him while he's away and just hope meeting baby brother goes well.



Feeling frustrated with what to do with Ira. Am going to keep reading up on autism and what I can do. It is thwarting that his parents and my supervisor won't even consent to him seeing a speech therapist. I met with another friend who is helping design a syllabus and curriculum for Cross Over and she reckons the reading syllabus I'm using should have more phonics in it. She's going to pass on some materials to me. On Thursday I'm supposed to go to a workshop on the government correspondence course. Hoping it doesn't go on all day as I have two other students later in the day. I have to submit the first set of work done by Ira to the ministry on Tuesday.



I had my form 3 student this morning and we looked at the introduction to Macbeth and why Shakespeare uses the witches. I had my grade 3 student yesterday and had forgotten how much I enjoy teaching him. He has severe dyslexia and has forgotten his times tables over the holidays when he went to his mum in Mozambique.



After teaching this morning I went to the depression support group get together and we sat and coloured in mindfulness pages. Sadly my friend hosting's father died this afternoon. It's now bucketing with rain. The Save River has been in full flood which is amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment