Monday 16 January 2017

Runbo has a baby brother



Kicked off the morning with Ira today and it required a lot of patience and encouraging. Even to the point of putting the stumpy crayon in his hand and trying to get him to draw circles. Numbers wasn't so great with separating red from green objects into sets. It was mission to get him to draw the red set. For reading I'm not sure if anything went in as Ira wouldn't look at the new words. The most success was in the patterns work for writing. Tomorrow we'll be using a sand tray for practising writing.



I spoke to my supervisor and she's going to speak to Ira's parents about going to speech therapy clinics at Parirenyatwa and going to possibly get assessed for autism. To diagnose autism you seem to need to do a lot of observations.



Went from teaching to coffee with a friend and she introduced me to a cool website called Canva that you can use for graphic design. She also suggested trying to sell photos online. We talked about the ideas of postponing one's Christmas to when all the January sales are on and possibly going up Dombonshawa or Ngomokurira this weekend. The weekend of the 28th I've been invited to go to Hippo Pools which I'm looking forward to.



When I got to Runbo's this afternoon he ran up and grabbed my hand and said I must come see. His dad had set up a new generator as they had a power cut and don't usually have them. Runbo was ecstatic that this produced electricity. After we read the story on Chinese New Year Runbo announced he didn't feel like making a lantern today as I'd planned but we could make it tomorrow. Instead he went and got his dinosaurs and we had a long conversation about who was related to who. Through this Runbo told me he had a baby brother. I wasn't sure if it was true as he then said the name was a secret and it was his best friend. Turns out from his dad he does indeed now have a brother. I asked Runbo if he was excited to go on an aeroplane on Saturday and if he was going to take his dinosaurs with him. He looked at me and said he didn't think the aeroplane would allow him to bring them - oh! I told Runbo's dad that Runbo thought the new baby was the size of his little finger. Runbo chirped in, no he was the size of a peanut. I think Runbo is in for a surprise.



I saw my psychiatrist this afternoon and overall he thinks I'm doing well. He weighed me again though and has decided to decrease my olanzapine in an effort to try bring my weight down. Hopefully I won't become paranoid or overly anxious. He said though that if I do I can always up the dose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment