Sunday 15 January 2017

Slow internet Sunday


Went to church this morning for the first time in ages. I have gone to help with kids' church but otherwise not really for over a year. Am grateful that friends from church have not brought it up when I've met them for coffee and have just been supportive. I don't think I would be able to go back if they had been judgemental and pressed me on why I wasn't going. One friend in particular really showed God's heart when she made the dress I wore to my sister's wedding. I had been having a dress made by an outreach project for women who have been abused in Epworth. Unfortunately the measurements didn't fit and the dress I was supposed to have didn't work out. This was the day before we left for England. My friend met me for coffee that day and said if the dress didn't work out to not hesitate in contacting her, she made me promise to. I did and she miraculously made a beautiful dress in just 3 hours that fitted perfectly. She offered it as a gift even though we'd used her fabric and time. It really helped me in going over to England as I was not wanting to at the time.



After church I managed to speak to three speech therapists. Apparently there is a clinic offered at Parirenyatwa Hospital every Monday. It might be useful for Ira to go to this. I have looked up what the symptoms of autism are and I am a bit concerned that he displays these. I will need to speak to my supervisor and his parents and see if we can get him tested. Hope he doesn't have it.



Watched the film of The Girl on the Train. I don't particularly like that it is set in the Hudson Valley instead of the line from Ashbury to Euston. For thrillers it is sometimes not so great to have read the book before watching the film as you know exactly what's going to happen if the film follows the plot. I've been watching youtube clips of Glee covers when the internet allows it and really wish there was a fun choir to join in Harare that does feel good music. At church I was asked to be in a dance group for a Variety Show to raise funds for the less privileged. I think it will be line dancing. A friend sent the link for a free online photography course through Harvard and I've started watching the lecture videos. Is similar so far to a photography online course I was given for Christmas but it is helpful to watch rather than just read the information.


Glee


Reconnected with some friends at church which was nice as I've been feeling a bit cut off from people. Have coffee dates with some friends this week in between teaching. One friend wants me to paint a picture on a sub-station building. I've got an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow. Hoping I won't have to wait too long as I have Runbo after.




No comments:

Post a Comment