Monday 2 January 2017

End of 2016

I carried on teaching Runbo up until Christmas and then the week after. For one of the lessons he came running out to tell me he had set up a picnic for us in his garden all by himself. It was complete with picnic rugs, umbrellas and jelly crocodiles. The lesson after Christmas, Runbo was eager to tell me Father Christmas had come after all. When I said had he fitted down the chimney Runbo just shook his head and waved his hands and said he just didn't know.

Picnic with Runbo, the Tyranosaurus rex
I am house sitting again and looking after a friend's cats. The one cat Missy keeps bringing me still alive baby shrews and they keep scuttling off behind furniture. I don't know if they are still alive and still there. Hoping they're not dead and going to pong. A mother shrew came in looking for her offspring the other night and I was perched on the couch asking my Mum on the phone for advice on what to do. Eventually the mother ran out the backdoor - phew.

Ginger and Missy looking like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.
For New Year I was supposed to be having friends over for board games. Unfortunately two of my friends had a car accident on the way due to a drunk driver coming hurtling across an intersection where the lights weren't working. He stopped initially but then drove off before the police came (well the police had to be fetched as they had no transport - typical). The car that hit my friends' did come back but with a different person driving (probably a more sober driver). Not the best start to 2017 for my friends. I feel bad as it was because of my games night they were venturing out.



No comments:

Post a Comment