Friday 13 January 2017

Fun and Games



Today was challenging. Ira went all rigid when he was brought through the gate to me and I had to coax and cajole him into the classroom. Eventually he was persuaded to help me with his numbers exercise and he did manage to do the writing exercises but reading and sounds were near impossible. I am not sure if the sounds in particular are because of his speech impediment. In between to try and get him to focus I got him to run around and do some stretches. At one point though he rolled into a ball and rocked backwards and forwards shouting. Am going to try meet with a speech therapist next week to get some tips and am researching on ADHD and what I can do.



With Runbo this afternoon we spoke about his little brother who will be born at the beginning of February. When I said to Runbo was he going to share things with his little brother he gave me a quizzical look. I said how about his dinosaurs. He went hmm and then after deep consideration said maybe not. He then started doing a mental audit of all his toys and said the motorbike was definitely a no and only he could play with his puppy. To put Runbo's mind at ease I did say well his little brother wouldn't be big enough for a year. Runbo then said oh his brother was going to be the size of his finger. Trying not to laugh I showed him how big roughly he would be and Runbo seemed really surprised. Next week we'll look at a book on Chinese New Year and make lanterns and dragons before he goes back to China with his dad and granny for it and for the arrival of the new baby.



Glad it's the weekend. I will have to do some lesson prep for Ira and for my Israeli businessman's English lessons starting next week. Otherwise I am enjoying Wuthering Heights and having finished reading The Girl on the Train I've managed to get the film. Am disappointed that the film is set in America but interested to see how they portray the story. Having coffee in Borrowdale tomorrow morning with friends and a friend's new baby which will be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment