Tuesday 31 January 2017

Momentary Breakthrough



I nearly fell over backwards this morning when Ira came bounding up for lessons all on his own. I asked him where his bag was and he gleefully went back and got it and came straight back. He put it away and and got out his objects for sorting all on his own and so the lesson proceeded for a good half hour until the spell ended and we went back to square one with him running out of the classroom and trying to play catch me under the washing on the washing line outside. At least no bolts for the nursery school playground. He did eventually come back and even sat on my lap to hear the story. It was a breakthrough and may we continue with more of that.

Coming into school my supervisor accosted me and wanted me to pay up for my replacement last week. Following friends' advice I said what were legal rights. She said well she would need a doctor's letter which I said I could get. That seemed to make her take a step back and we left it there.

With my grade 4, I had to explain to his uncle that dyslexia makes word recognition difficult. He said he had thought it was just a matter of discipline. I am going to a workshop on using Jolly Phonics on Thursday.



Have a potential English as a second language student from Pakistan who wants to prepare for his IELTS exam in a month's time. He conveniently lives literally round the corner from me. He wants to go study electrical engineering in Manchester or Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment