Monday 11 March 2019

About a Girl and units of time



I feel a bit like the character in the book About a Boy, who has endless hours to somehow fill and measures out his day in units. As much as I appreciate the school giving me a leave of absence, being busy and having structure and routine helped me hold things together and now I just have way too much alone time to sit and think - and that's not good, not good at all. Have dug out books to read from home, one of them The Power of Now and a few others. Will try do some art before I go to Cape Town and maybe might even pack some art stuff for there too. Meeting up with people for coffee but it all does still feel empty.

Am house sitting from now til Saturday. It is a beautifully designed house, with lots of light and a whole section of French doors that fold back so you have a massive doorway to the garden. I said I will take the boerboels for walks on the vlei. Just need to be careful though, as a few woman have been raped in the area. The kitchen is lovely open planned and spacious. In some ways it is good to have my own space, but in some ways I need to not spend too much time on my own. So if anyone wants to join me for dinner, shout.


No comments:

Post a Comment