Sunday 3 March 2019

Do I have a mantra to live by?



I am looking at the format and template for writing for the Friendship Bench on living with bipolar and they want to know if I have a mantra or quote I live by. Hmmmm. I guess I tell myself when it gets tough that it has to get better and tomorrow is a new day. If I was to get Biblical I might think of Jeremiah 29(11) - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Listened to Christian music this afternoon as I tried to work (I am definitely not working as fast as I usually do) and it soothed. I am still not sleeping well though and am feeling half dead.



My mum is set to try book to fly next weekend. My aunt and she are worried about me remaining here on my own. I do have friends though. My friend Nina yesterday did say I could go stay with her if I want, which was sweet. Hopefully I will be sleeping by next weekend. I see my psychiatrist tomorrow and will discuss it with him and see if he can put me on something to make me sleep as if I don't I can go over the edge (I just can't afford to do that. I really can't lose my job). At least my job does get my mind off stuff but I do have to face the angry parent on Tuesday and I need to be ready for that and in the right mind set.

Have chatted to various friends around the world today which was nice. One in the States, another in Australia and then one who was here last week, but is now in Cape Town. Did cheer me up. It is jolly hot for March (almost hotter than October) - it is also not helping with sleeping as it is staying hot well into the night (unusual in Zim). Climate change is happening, I tell you. My one student when we did climate change last week said, "Thank God it is only going up by 1'C on average." Well that is still disastrous, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment