Tuesday 5 March 2019

I offended Facebook

My post about fighting the urge to down a whole bottle of paracetamol has apparently offended Facebook and they have removed it. Thank you for the barrage of support. I am afraid though, I did go to the supermarket and try to buy a jar of pills. It was only a little old lady standing in front of me who suddenly reached out and was incredibly kind to me, that stopped me. I would have done it otherwise.

I am still in a fragile space and all morning tears were just behind my eyelids. I am going to try go back and see my psychiatrist and try skype my therapist Rona again. I do need help. My friend Nina really wants me to go stay with her, especially when my mum goes on Sunday. Right now I am just putting one foot in front of the other but staying on my own is maybe not going to be a good idea when my mum goes. My mum is now thinking she should defer her treatment but she really can't. Everything has come to a head at once and I am trying to muster up strength that just doesn't feel like it is there.

The only plus today - my angry mother of a student backed down and was civil and listened. I actually told her that I also struggle with depression and anxiety and this mollified her. Small mercies.

Hopefully this doesn't also offend Facebook - there are many other things on it that I think people can get more upset about.

No comments:

Post a Comment