Monday 4 March 2019

Silly Mzilikazi



I got to school and it felt good to be back to focusing on getting things done, but I now feel like a chewed out piece of string. The assembly today on the parable of the lost sheep spoke to me personally. Had to laugh though, when the head told the students that people have been looking after sheep for thousands of years, the one boy with autism chirped up, "Like the dinosaurs!" I marked my class's social studies homework on the Ndebele and had to try not to smile when my one boy with autism had written, "silly Mzilikazi", each time he referred to him. One of my other students wrote that apparently Mzilikazi's famous son was Nelson Mandela - OK.



My class produced some good sketches of the school and playground and really got stuck in with shading techniques, which was cool. One of my other student's mother's wrote that her son was anxious this weekend and in the middle of English he asked me if he could sit and do some mindfulness as he was feeling stressed out. I think he really was, so I said yes, but it was a little awkward as I didn't know how long it was going to take for him to be less stressed, so I gave his as long as he needed. My one student then asked though if they are allowed to do that in exams next week. Tricky one!

I see my psychiatrist just now and will see what he says about sleep and if he will give me medication to help. Might need another therapy session over skype with Rona.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what the student found amusing about Mzilikazi.
    I hope you managed to see the doc Katy. And get some sleep.
    If not...try doing something you find relaxing. If that doesn't work, get some company to occupy your mind.

    ReplyDelete