Tuesday 19 March 2019

The Inbetween



Good news is that my mum has got authorisation for tomorrow's operation from BUPA, so they will cover it. Today is a quiet day. I went for a walk with my uncle through the greenbelt in Constantia. Along the way a little boy came down to the fence on his plastic motorbike and introduced his dog Jasper and the maid. We also passed lots of people out with their dogs - quite a menagerie. I am wishing I had packed more short sleeved things, as it is actually quite warm.



Last night was fun at the Mother City Hop at Mustacchio's on Kloof Street. I danced a couple of times, first with someone from Turkey and then a guy from Estonia. I was twirled around quite a bit. Bumped into a friend Michael from Zim at it and my cousin said it's the second Michael from Zim she has met who knows us. She is now very wary of people called Michael and how they might know us.




Have been tasked with setting up social media platforms for people who suffer from loneliness. Depression and loneliness can semi go together. Something interesting to work on. Meeting up with a few friends later in the week after my mum's op tomorrow. We are scheduled for another power cut just now. Whilst it is well scheduled and you do know about them here, unlike Zim, they do happen very frequently and you have to do everything you need to that needs power before it goes off again. There are up to three or four cuts for a couple of hours a day at the moment. Having to plan when to Zoom my Chinese student and then fit in some skypes with my therapist.


No comments:

Post a Comment