Monday 23 March 2015

4 days left!



Into the home stretch and my last week of CELTA - yeeha! Submitted my last assignment today and had my second last teaching prac. Unfortunately I don't know that I passed today's lesson - it was a vocab lesson and I should have followed the rubric a little closer and got to the part where the students really practised using the language and collocations. Now just have to prepare for my last lesson on Wednesday. You are allowed to fail 3 lessons so I should get through but hope to improve for Wednesday to end on a good note.

We will throw a small farewell for our students on Thursday and we're planning on going out as a class on Friday night to celebrate and chill together one last time. Can't believe we're almost there. I am feeling drained and am really looking forward to chilling in Howick next week with my friends Jenny and Norman. I will also spend my last night in South Africa with my friend Fia whom I met in Switzerland. Will be lovely to catch up with her.

Things are apparently a little precarious again in Zim. There was a massive protest at the university as staff have not been paid for three months and I think it was also linked to protests over a political activist going missing. See below for more and sign the petition here if you would like to.

OK I'd best get on with my final lesson plan and try get an earlyish night.
A plus!


Itai Dzamara is an activist and journalist based in Zimbabwe who is exercising his constitutional right to protest against the Zimbabwean government and its poor performance since "winning" the last election.
On 10 march, 2015  Itai Dzamara was abducted by assailants in a SUV commonly associated with the brutal Cental Intelligence Organisation (C.I.O).
We call on the international community to condemn this atrocious act and press the government to release Itai Dzamara and desist from persecuting the free press.We also call for a sincere effort to investigate his abduction.
Itai Dzamara was been applauded for his bravery when he hand-delivered a request for the resignation of the President of Zimbabwe.It is from that moment, as well as his other acts of protest and activism that have led to this form of victimisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment