Monday 30 March 2015

Ukuhamba kukubona


Well I bid Cape Town farewell this morning and got onto the tiniest plane I've ever been on to King Shaka Airport in Durban. Had fantastic views of Gordons Bay on the way out but descended to fog and mist in Durban. My friends Jenny and Norman were there to pick me up and we drove out of Durban, through Pietermaritzburg and on to Howick. It is my first time in Natal and was taking it all in and thinking about the book "Cry the Beloved Country". This afternoon we had a walk in some of Paton's grass covered hills and saw the mist come seeping in.

We plan to go for another walk tomorrow and possibly visit the waterfall nearby. Howick is quite a sleepy town but so far seems very quaint and the rolling hills are beautiful. It will be good to chill and recover from CELTA. It was good to see friends in Cape Town and see my family there. Before I left I managed to see a few more friends which was really nice.

Got an email from International House saying there are jobs going in Kazakstan. For the moment will stick with the plan to go to Oxford. My Mum says there is a student from Azerbaijan in Zim when I return who would like some extra English lessons so is some possible work for when I return before going to England.

OK the sleepy hills are beckoning and I need to call it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment