Tuesday 10 March 2015

Day 7 - the countdown begins



Well today feels like it should be Thursday and getting to the final tutorial required numerous cups of coffee (admittedly Ricoffy but yes caffeine!) Worked late on my grammar lesson last night. I improved on my eliciting but had to include parts of speech more. I now have to observe one of my learners and see what he struggles with, which aspect of learning i.e. visual/auditory/kinesthetic is his strength and find out about him and see where he might have difficulties. I then have to set him exercises on key problem areas to help. Eeeeek! When I'm not teaching and watching him I will be observing qualified teachers from tomorrow so it is all go.

Next week is going to be hectic but I am looking forward to the following Tuesday when I have my last teaching prac and will have handed in all my assignments. Not too far away but possibly a week from hell in between with hopefully enough sleep to survive on.

Will be going with my cousin to the beach on Friday night though to watch fire throwers. Anyone in Cape Town that I haven't seen or would like to see me again is welcome to join us. Let me know if you are keen.

Have met some cool international students from a university in Sweden on the bus. They are French, Belgian, American and Brazilian and we have chatted twice now on the way to Sea Point. They are here on internship to look at social entrepreneurial projects in the high density areas for sustainable development. One is a musician and his father who is a carpenter learnt how to make marimbas from scratch in America. Discussed with the Brazilian the difficulty in explaining the difference in pronunciation between ship and sheep.

OK need to finish tomorrow's assignment.








No comments:

Post a Comment