Wednesday 4 March 2015

Day 3 - no ESKOM, cloud and smoke

Well I didn't get an awful lot of sleep last night. Today was my first 40 minute lesson and I went to bed after midnight prepping. Got up early to get to the school in time to print stuff. We woke up to no electricity so badly needed coffee when I arrived in Sea Point. Despite nerves my lesson went really well and I was pleased. Did have one student wearing a witch's hat in class which did amuse me.

The fires in Cape Town are really bad and they have come alarmingly close to where my Aunt lives. My Cousin got a text message at 2 this morning to ask for help moving horses from the Uitsig Wine Estate. Since then Groot Constantia has lost some its vineyards and the museum had to have things moved and had the sprinklers on. Very nearby and my Aunt was considering what to do if it came any closer.

Thankfully it is less hot though and we had some rain today. The cloud has been mixing with the smoke on the mountains. I got a lovely view of the Twelve Apostles Mountains on the way home on the bus. The cloud was billowing down over the crags and when I got to Hout Bay there was a distinctly piscatory scent to the air from the harbour.


No comments:

Post a Comment