Sunday 1 March 2015

Studying once more

I am back in the Mother City, Cape Town and starting a CELTA teaching English as a foreign language course tomorrow. I'm a little apprehensive as it is not as easy a course as I had thought and it has been a little while since I studied something intensively. I guess I need to just go with the flow and not get panicked over something I haven't started yet. Busy learning phonemes though and going back over the pre-course assignments and trying to get to grips with the passive versus the active.

Have seen some good friends in Cape Town and been with family and it has been good to reconnect. Not sure what my time is going to be like once the course gets going and how social I will be when it does. Hope to visit some churches though.

It is the first time I've been away from Zim for a sizeable amount of time since I returned to Switzerland to pack up at the end of 2010 and stayed on to do organic farming in Italy. Guess it is good to get some outside perspective and to see new environments and other things. Part of me is feeling like I'm missing out on things back home but I need to enjoy what I have here and the time away.

So tomorrow I start in Sea Point and I become a student once again. Have my first teaching prac on Tuesday - hoping it's not as hard to come up with lessons and ideas as it feels it will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment