Tuesday 10 April 2018

All go



Dropped our precious friends Ros and Nick at the airport yesterday. It was so special having them here in Zim with us again after about 27 years. They now head on to Cape Town and then to a mini world tour - very exciting. After having coffee with them at Cafe Espresso and seeing them through immigration, I went to pick up my soap stone sculpture at Chapungu Kraal. Then did a massive shop as I am having people round for a braai tonight. Interestingly Honeydew Fruit & Veg was cheaper than I think Arundel Pick'N'Pay would have been. I bumped into two people I know whilst shopping and caught up on their news - love that in Zim.



My Chinese five year old told me a joke yesterday about pandas wearing sunglasses - rather a cute idea. He was full of beans in his lesson and at one point wanted to interrupt what I was saying and so said, "Please stop talking now." I thought it was funny but did tell him to say excuse me instead in future. Suddenly had a lady come round to where I am house sitting with an Israeli business man to see if it would be suitable accommodation at the guest lodge for their visiting partners. Luckily the rooms were all made up. Ironically this morning when I was waiting for my mum to pick me up for school we found a stray beautiful Alsatian. We went up and down the road seeing if it belonged to anyone and were on the verge of taking it to the vet when we found it was this same lady from yesterday's. Shame, it was epileptic and I think it had got out and had a fit. Apparently it had been missing since yesterday.



This morning I taught two new girls beginners French. I had a lot of fun and they are really sweet girls. They had only learnt ĂȘtre at school though and had instead focused on French phonics - all right to a point but I think they need to know at least avoir to help make sense of things and say stuff. From there I went and had coffee with my dear friend Nina and her mum and watched her little girl discovering how fun a slide can be. We discussed the benefits of doing NILD over a masters in education for learning difficulties. Still weighing it up. NILD is much more practical and gives you tools but doesn't really help for autism and isn't a teaching qualification per se.




No comments:

Post a Comment