Sunday 1 April 2018

Easter unicorns and April Fools


Happy Easter to those who celebrate and chag kasher v'same'ach" (חַג כָּשֵׁר וְשָׂמֵחַ) for those who had Passover. I still believe in a God but I feel reluctant to be tied to religion and having to commit to church and going every Sunday. I may not be as spiritual as I once was. I don't know if it's from being on lithium or if I have just changed. Therefore didn't go to church this morning but did still reflect on things a bit. Instead I went to a three year old birthday party for a friend's little girl. It was a gloriously sunny morning and we sat out under the trees. I dashed out the house and sadly left my proper camera behind but made do with my phone (but it seems to corrupt my photos soon after I take them so I have to back them up with screen shots - irritating. I think I need a new memory card, I don't think it's the phone). It was a unicorn themed party and the little girl turning three had a shiny horn and ears replete with rainbow hair on an alice band which was very cute. I think she had a ball and despite the large amounts of sugar on hand none of the littlies had a melt down.




Dashed back just in time for my Easter Sunday Zoom lesson with my Chinese five year old. I did another bit on Easter and it's meaning and told him about hot cross buns - pity couldn't offer him some over the internet to try. He did draw me some. I have been drawing him stars when he does well on his reading but today he took it upon himself to award himself some before he had finished reading. Cheeky monkey. When I said goodbye I gave him the rhymes See you later alligator, in a while crocodile and some others. He thought this was really funny but as a reply simply said bye bye. I will have another session online with him on Tuesday after he finishes nursery school. Apparently the thing that made him the most apprehensive at his new school was the enforced afternoon nap time.



Off just now for drinks with friends. There was a beautiful sunset and moonrise last night. Wishing you all a restful rest of your Easter Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment