Tuesday 24 April 2018

Silk worms online



Had a good start to the day this morning with personal training. I do enjoy my sessions and am being pushed to a new level but surprising myself that I can do it. My last round included full Turkish get ups, burpees and jumping jacks - felt good afterwards, if possibly not at the time :P My personal trainer has become a good friend over the last year and I had a nice cup of tea and chat afterwards.



My Chinese five year old had something exciting to show me today. He emerged from his tipi in the lounge and took the tablet across the room to show me his new box of silk worms. Ironically they had to order them online in China and have to buy the mulberry leaves from pet shops. He didn't want me to tell him what they will turn into as he wants the surprise. He has been off school sick with an allergy to the pollution. Really does sound like pollution levels are bad.




Cracking on now with my lesson plan and preparation. I need to finish off the phonics/spelling (not beginner Jolly Phonics sort of level but higher with an emphasis on spelling rules and pronunciation) and then work on language and grammar and creative writing. Have a book with great ideas for story writing but can't find it right now, grrr (had it last year). I suddenly also discovered my students were also doing environmental science/social studies with a focus on Zimbabwe last term (eeek - glad I discovered it now) - so have to find stuff for that too. I offered (stupid me) to finish updating the reading records. So yah, I better get on - lots to do still.



Have looked over the HIFA program. If you want to have a look go here. Think will mostly go to music things, although there is a fascinating looking play called Hedy! The Life and Inventions of Hedy Lamarr. Time wise I unfortunately can't do too much. We have booked to go to Johnny Clegg's final tour show at Raintree on Friday night (unfortunately clashes with Beatenberg who I would have liked to have watched).



OK back to work while I drink one of the delicious teas a friend gave me from Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment