Monday 2 April 2018

It will be done tomorrow


Tomorrow I will have to really start working. Took a bit of a break yesterday and today which I felt was justified. Did a bit on the last wetland report but otherwise have been quite social. Went to a braai at a friend's and we had such delicious food. My friend's German brother-in-law had whipped up what are called flammkuchen (flame cake) which was basically flat bread topped with cream cheese, bits of bacon, caramelised onion and parsley - so good. We sat out in the garden in the sunshine and chatted about all sorts of interesting things. They had a gorgeous Alsatian cross Australian sheepdog puppy - have forgotten how delightful puppies are and it was soul warming to play with him.

Winsome puppy at lunch today. I want a puppy!


Flammkuchen from the Alsace Region, also known as tarte flambée, in Alsatian it’s flammekueche. Pre-rolled butter puff pastry makes it lighter than the thin crust pizza it is supposed to be made with. Basically, it’s a VERY thin crust pizza topped with lardons (bacon strips), white onions and a cream-based sauce made with fromage blanc and crème fraîche.

May try go to evening art with Vanessa Goodson-Hounsell next term as I won't be able to go to art with Sarah Fynn on a Wednesday morning. Am just going to have to see how hectic teaching full time is. I am getting the feeling I am saying goodbye to life as I've known it - a bit sad as I rather like my part time work lifestyle but a proper income and routine is a good thing. Just will have to keep telling myself that at 5 in the morning on a cold winter's day before sunrise - bleurgh. Talking at lunch I really do wonder if I myself am not slightly dyslexic as it takes me a long time to read things and I am not a big fan of reading things out aloud to people. I don't think I could have it too severely as I have made do until now, but it is in the realm of possibility. I need to read up on teaching strategies for kids with slow processing skills as it seems a lot of my students have this.

Piece by Vanessa

One friend arrived from England today and our other friends arrive from Australia tomorrow. Going to have to set time aside to work around activities with them. My form four has just sent a message now asking for a lesson in the morning and I have my Chinese Zoom session at 1pm. Need to get up earlier to get going with making a dent on the piles of files I have been given from school to start lesson plans for next term - must make a crack at it so it is less daunting. Have at least started reading the educational psychologist reports on each child and it's giving me an idea of what I've got to consider when planning.








No comments:

Post a Comment