Sunday 29 April 2018

See you in 100 years!



Finding things for the environmental science and social studies lessons and then I have my plans done for the term - will try start preparing lessons for next week this week in and around HIFA. Tomorrow's staff meeting looms and I will then know more clearly what I'm doing hopefully. Did a bit of clearing yesterday and found a bag full of old pointe shoes from when I did ballet. Could do an art installation piece with them but otherwise should maybe find a home or other use for them. Also dug out my winter things as it's getting cooler.



Almost forgot my lesson with my Chinese five year old yesterday - suddenly saw Zoom ringing on my laptop - oops. Was more on the ball today. I talked to him about taste buds today and different tastes. He decided to go and find stuff in his kitchen and bring it back for me to see for the different flavours. I learnt a new one - umami for sushi or other things that have glutamates (I didn't use this word). In his science book there was picture of supposedly how a cat would see a parrot. I said it was a bit like an x-ray and so had to explain what that was. He got very excited about the machine and said he wanted to make one. Did explain about the radiation. I think it was overall a good lesson but I think he struggles to sit still for an hour. Half way through he burst in with, "Excuse me Miss Kitty" and asked to go to the loo. On his way he shouted back, "See you in a hundred years!" To which I replied I'll be dead by then. Cheeky sausage.

A friend had an impromptu braai last night which was nice. Some of us stayed chatting until one this morning so I had a slow start to my Sunday. Decided to decline reviewing the journal article for Applied Geography on silvopastoralism. Don't think I can give a very fair assessment of it as I have been out of that field for eight years and I just don't have time with school starting next week to do background reading (as nice as free access to Science Direct for six months would have been).



Just applied to exhibit at the Wild Geese Art Festival in June. Fingers crossed. Sent the photos below of recent work and had to send links to social media pages so sent my Tumblr page and then Instagram (although I don't have that many paintings on Instagram, maybe better put some up :P ).






No comments:

Post a Comment