Thursday 26 April 2018

Pushing through



Am getting there with preparation for the coming term. Need to finish thinking of writing topics and exercises and then tackle the Zimbabwe focused environmental science and social studies section. Really hoping I don't get any unexpected things sprung on me at Monday's staff meeting. Oh, I do also need to plan some P.E. lesson ideas as I have to take that as well. Have one idea of drawing out a tic tac toe board on the tennis court and getting the students into two teams, then getting them to run and put bean bags on the drawn board in a relay (not my idea - I saw it online). But yah will have to cater for different abilities and different ages within the class.



Had a catch up with one of my best friends this morning and was given some useful hacks at tackling mountains of marking (I am dreading that, I won't lie and am reluctant to kiss my social life goodbye, sigh). Went to personal training this afternoon and really pushed myself in the AMRAP (as many reps as possible - in a set time). Training has definitely gone up a level but it is rewarding to feel my fitness is improving and it is paying off.



After training I had a long discussion with my trainer on christianity. She is JW and I was challenged on my thoughts on whether there is hell, what heaven means, why we celebrate Christmas and Easter and birthdays, the trinity and why there is suffering. Good for me to think about what I truly believe and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment