Saturday 31 March 2018

Curiosity



Started the day with an 8 am Zoom lesson with my five year old in China. He is a lot chattier and was chortling away when he drew me squashed Easter eggs on the screen that he said the Easter Bunny had sat on. We looked at all things to do with Spring and practised some reading and writing in between Easter egg drawings. After I finished the lesson, a friend picked me up and we drove out to Ruwa to take mealie meal and some other basic groceries to the Tirivanhu psychiatric rehabilitation centre. Talked to some of the patients and handed the supplies over to the person in charge. There were a few more women patients there compared to the last time I went out. The one lady kept repeating that she really isn't well.



Did some work and then picked up a friend for tea and hot cross buns before driving to Chisi to go along to a JW memorial of Christ's death. I went partly out of curiosity and partly out of respect to the friend who invited me. Everyone was dressed very smartly and the service was similar to other Christian gatherings. Luckily was told that you don't actually eat the bread or drink the wine at communion - I think I would have done so otherwise - you simply look at them and pass them on. The concept of heaven and how many people go in is also
different. It was an interesting evening.



Tomorrow I've got a friend's three year old's birthday and then have another Zoom lesson. Managed to fit in a swim today before it turned chilly again. I think it may be one of my last swims as winter is fast encroaching, but it is still raining lots.


No comments:

Post a Comment