Sunday 4 March 2018

ADHD, Tafara & Daryl Nero

What it's really like to have ADHD

Yesterday was a busy day with teaching in both the morning and afternoon and a Gifted and Talented Students with Learning Difficulties (GTLD) workshop on ADHD. With my form four in the morning we jumped back into analysing Spies and had to say how Frayn makes Mrs Hayward fascinating to the central character Stephen. This is a challenge with my student as he still hasn't read the whole book and has a very loose grasp of the plot. I think we may need to try get an audio book for him as reading just doesn't happen. It was a little frustrating with my A level bio student. Her mum messaged me on Friday night to say she no longer wants to rewrite AS and just focus on A Level, so I had to scrap the lesson I had prepared and start again on the nervous and endocrine systems. Well when I got there my student then announced she would rather go over ecology and biodiversity as that was what she was currently stuck on. Luckily that is my particular field and I could wing it with the help of Boardworks and the text book but it was still a bit of a stretch. I think I need to invest in the current Cambridge text book as things have changed quite a bit since I last taught bio, but it is interesting.





Today I went to Tafara near Ruwa to look at another wetland to write a report. It was a bit different to the more urban wetlands I have studied prior to this and it also had sandy soils with lots of springs, not the normal black clay soils. I think the impact that made the greatest impression upon me was a grave yard right in the middle of the wetland. There were furrows dug round it in an attempt to drain it but excavations for new graves were already full of water. There were a lot of apostori church groups with spiritual sites and altars around the area.

graveyard

At lunchtime I went to an art exhibition that was to raise funds for Island Hospice. It featured the work of Daryl Nero and luckily the rain held off to sit out in the garden, sipping a G&T and sampling food once more from The Village Greek - yum. Went to a bible study this evening and am now back working on wetland stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment