Sunday 18 March 2018

Hideaway

Just waiting for my Chinese student to come online for our second lesson this weekend. I am thinking I may have to just teach him at weekends - during the week is a bit problematic. I did a lesson on disabilities but how people have overcome them with him yesterday. Turns out Andrea Bocelli is one of his mum's favourite singers. He was quite taken with Stephen Hawking and that he worked on black holes.



Managed to do an early morning lesson yesterday so that I could then go pick up the wedding cake and some other things for my friends' wedding out at Darwendale. Was quite a responsibility trying to make sure the icing didn't come off on the drive out over the bumpy roads but it made it. We had a gecko holding on for dear life on our windscreen at one point. It was a fairly big gecko (about 15 cm long) and was using the suction pads on its feet to great effect. We stopped and released it to the wild, so there was a happy ending.



The wedding celebration was lovely and chilled and in a super setting. There were games and later on people played volleyball. Went out onto the water at sunset which was special and the light on the water was pretty. Some of us stayed the night and we introduced visitors from Germany to mopane worms (I'll be honest I didn't try one) and chibuku (I had a sip), round the campfire.





Managed most of the drive back this morning without directions but from memory, however, at one point I was unsure and it was lucky I asked someone on the roadside as I would have otherwise gone in completely the wrong direction. There were a couple of police blocks but they seemed to be only after the big trucks and let me through without any hassle - what a joy!

So my five year old has just sent a voice message to say they are stuck in a traffic jam. It is getting late for him in China so will see if we have a lesson today or not. Going with people to Coimbra for dinner tonight. Feel recharged for the week and ready to tackle it.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment