Friday 9 March 2018

When the caffeine wears off ...



Managed to finish the marking but man, I am going to have to get faster and become more ruthless in putting ticks or crosses. The English marking took way longer than the maths. Even though I did CELTA I am going to have to buff up on grammar rules and things these holidays. I find it tricky deciding how many syllables there are and not all phonemes automatically sound the same to me. I think we did more grammar in French at school than in English. Went to my friend Nina's this afternoon and she kindly gave me a whack of resources to use. I was marking until 1.30 am this morning and got up at 7 and finished at 11. I could feel my caffeine levels dropping around lunch and am in two minds about going out this evening. Will see, but if the others go out much later I think my duvet and sleep win.



Tomorrow morning I am going to a talk at Mukuvisi Woodlands by a visiting ecologist who looks at how large mammals are ecosystem engineers in Hwange. Should be interesting. Have just had my Chinese five year old's mum contact me to then ask for our first online lesson at 1pm tomorrow. Will be nice to reconnect with them. Need to prep for that and then am also putting together the lesson for my A level biology student - that's on biodiversity and classification. I also need to finish amending a wetland repot and then start the other one that is due. On Sunday morning I said I'd go along to the quiz at Reps Theatre.



Went to get some art supplies this afternoon - found paintbrushes going at a dollar each - very exciting!! There were more expensive ones too - I've lost my fan tail watercolour brush - hoping it will turn up and I didn't leave it at La Rochelle or something. Looking forward to going to art with Sarah Fynn on Wednesday and messing around with paint again. I have missed it and the other people and Sarah. Sadly can only go until the end of the holidays but Sarah says I can come again in the next school holidays. My other Chinese student cancelled this afternoon. I could have gone to a gym class as due to the marking yesterday I had to cancel my personal training. But I may have not had much energy today.



Working with a friend who has already set up a mental health trust to see how we can help those who urgently need medical assistance but don't have medical aid and can't afford to see a psychiatrist. It is early days but hoping can do something. It just will be tricky deciding who really needs help and who can afford it on their own. I need to email my psychiatrist to see what he suggests and what things are already in place to help these people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment