Thursday 15 March 2018

Building Stamina



I have only taught three full mornings this week but I feel pretty pooped, I won't lie. I am definitely going to have to build up stamina for 5 days straight next term and for all the marking and preparation. Need to put worksheets together these holidays me thinks but I also have to do my lesson plans for the whole term and schemes. Teachers need school holidays!! No joke. Think what was most tiring today was trying to stop some of the boys constantly bickering and the one boy from some how migrating continuously to the other side of the classroom from his desk. There are thirteen boys and only two girls in the class, and some of the boys are a real handful. Individually they are sweet but when they gang up it's not good.



It looks like I will be filling in for the afternoon librarian at my mum's school tomorrow and some afternoons next week. I need to slow down a little though. Am not quite sure how I am going to fit in my Chinese five year old during the week as access to internet at lunchtime is a problem and trying to squeeze him in with the time difference is a challenge. I really need to weigh up what I feasibly can manage next term so I don't burn out.  My personal trainer pointed out that tutoring til 6pm means I have a 12 hour day.



Speaking of personal training, the last two sessions have been brutal. Today I used the kilo ball and had to throw it doing crunches (I nearly lost teeth by not catching at one point),  balance on it doing mountain climbers and do strenuous things with the kettlebell. I got through this to have my trainer announce we were going out of the garden to do sprints. I did wonder why we were going out the gate. Well we walked to the corner and turned onto the next street - ah! A lovely hill slope greeted me. Hadn't packed gym stuff when I moved to house sit yesterday so asked my mum to bring something this morning. Well the leggings she brought need new elastic. I could possibly have sprinted faster but I had visions of my leggings being round my ankles with the whole neighborhood watching :P



My trainer had bought her fiance a fish tank this morning and in the time that I spent training he had set it up with pond weed and water and happily announced he was off to catch bass to put in it. I did ask whether bass can grow rather big - in my mind I pictured one fish taking up the whole tank. He laughed and said he would stunt their growth with limiting how much he fed them as he had done with his miniature staffie!


No comments:

Post a Comment